Sunday, December 2, 2007

Theme Wk 14 ~ Depicting the Terror & Powerlessness of a Girl

Although you cannot feel me
I am always there
With you, in you, on you,
For your beauty is so fair
I watch you from behind the trees
As you walk home
My arms long to feel you
Possess you as my own
The night is drawing nearer now
The light is dwindling fast
You better hope that your good luck
Will forever last
Because once I get a hold of you
Press your porcelain face to mine
You will become one with me
I am the creator, the divine
Although, your eyes delude me
I can see it in your walk
You want me to take you
Keep you with key and lock
So come with me, already mine
The night is hurrying on now
I leap out behind the trees
And grasp my startled pawn
You start to fight and begin to cry
You twist and turn your face
But you don’t know you stupid bitch
That you belong to me?
With one hand over your mouth
I pull you into the shadows
Here’s one more for the tally
Your screams are drowned out by my tongue
Your limbs held down by mine
You know so much you want this
Why else dress so fine?
You are all mine now
Every move you make
I can tell by your screams of pain
It’s your virginity that I take
I leave you in the shadows
Your clothes all torn to shreds
Your panties thought I will keep

So my ego will be fed
You know you wanted to fuck me
Why deny it for so long?
Walking home the same old route
I knew it wasn’t wrong.
All along you sent me signals
You’re young and pretty and sweet
Its women like you
Who make me itch
Why do you call it rape?
You know you wanted it bitch.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

There are a lot of things to like here starting with the flat old-fashioned title that contrasts so nicely with the actual material.

I like that you made the imaginative leap to tell this from the rapist's POV and I like that the rapist, although shown to be a monster, is a perfectly human and comprehensible monster, not some comic book villain.

I like extremely the last line which stops the reader dead, underlines the rapist's viciousness, and forces any male reader to look in the mirror because it connects the rapist to all of us.

I like that you avoid cheap preaching and stay distant and matter-of-fact throughout. The tone is excellent.

Criticisms? I might find something else to use instead of the first 'bitch' to heighten the final one. I don't think 'pawn' is the right word to describe the victim. That's it.

On the other hand, if we're looking at single words, I admire 'porcelain' very much.