Thursday, September 6, 2007

Diurnal

I have been so busy I haven't been able to get online for more than five minutes, but I have been keeping track of my days so here they are:

Labor Day Weekend!
August 31st
Off to a good start this morning, waking up on time, out the door with coffee in hand. I felt like it was a Beatles morning, and listened to the band on the drive to Bangor. Classes went by fast and I was off to work for the night before I knew it. Friday nights I hostess at a restaurant in Belfast, it’s easy work and pays well. I had to train a new girl tonight, it was interesting. Alicia definitely has an entirely different personality than myself, so I was wary of the situation. Nevertheless, she was a strange character, funny ,had a beautiful singing voice and I enjoyed talking to her. It’s always nice to have someone extra to help you out and it makes the night go by quicker. After work I met my boyfriend at The Three Tides for a drink. It was a very uniquw place, they even brewed there own beer at the bar. The crowd was totally different than what we usually are around, they were older a little eccentric. Ahhh… It’s nice to unwind after work.

September 1st
I love to sleep in on Saturdays, it makes me feel like a kid, rolling out of bed around eleven, watching some Saturday morning cartoons before a big breakfast. Before work, I took the dogs for a run in the woods down back through the 4 wheeler trails. Saturday nights I waitress at a diner in Stockton, Just Barb’s, tonight was surprisingly not busy and went slowly by. I came home to oysters and champagne, what a great surprise. I am one of the few people that I know who likes oysters, and my boyfriend is definitely not one of them. He hates oysters and he cannot watch me eat them but he’s nice enough to get them for me anyway. I am elevated and content as I drift off to sleep… goodnight.

September 2nd
Today was a gorgeous day! And my day off! I went for a hike this morning at the ledges, it was so pretty at the top, the sky stretched out for miles as the sun beat down atop the rocks and shimmered over the lake. I contemplated what it would feel like to jump, free falling down and down, feeling the warm air rush against my face, seeing the smiling water waiting for me below. I imagine I would feel like a bird until I hit anyways.

This afternoon I visited with my family, I had a BBQ with my dad and brother. It was good to see them because it has been awhile. My brother who is seventeen has been in some trouble so it was really good to talk some sense into him. On the way home I stopped at my mothers house just to say Hi. It's always like walking on egg shelves before you get into the door, you never know what mood she's going to be in. Spent the rest of the night watching movies with my other half.

September 3rd

Another great day but it's off to work for me. Waitressing at Just Barb's all day. It was crazy when I arrived at 12:30 and it never let up until the end of the night. There was just two waitresses on and no hostess so I worked my little butt of but it was definately worth it when I counted my money up at the end of the night. So exhausted when I finally got home, made Justin give me a long foot rub before bed.



2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

I travel a lot and one of the small pleasures of travelling is sitting in Heathrow in London and unloading some English currency at the oyster bar. Yes! Six oysters and a flute of champagne and they don't even mind that I'm filthy and grubby and have mud and stuff all over my clothes from a weeklong hike. For a few minutes, I'm one of the jet set!

So, there's two of us in class who like oysters! (I think the ones I get in England are better than the ones they serve at 3Tides!)

johngoldfine said...

At least two of us--anyone else?