Sunday, September 2, 2007

Writer's Autobiography

1.)
I love to express myself artisticly through, writing,painting or drawing. I read endless books, I like to escape from time to time.I have always done well in english, through highschool and middleschool, I wish I could say the same about math but Oh well. I don't think I have encountered any assignment that I didn't like or couldn't turn into something that was uniquely mine. Writing to me is therapuetic, I like to take some time away and put everything down on paper.Freshman year I took a writing composition class, taught be Edward Rice, that I really enjoyed and did well in. Some of the assignments were challenging, but definately helped me improve my skill. I think I do fine at writing and it is something I really enjoy doing and would like to continue learning to enhance my technique.I was approached sophmore year by my biology teacher with a suggestion from Carol Lewandowski that I put a piece I had written for a current events article in the school newspaper. I thought this would be an exciting oppurtunity for me to get somewhat published, even though it was just an article in the school newspaper, I enjoyed doing it and being apart of something.I was thinking about taking a journalism class this symester for fun and to check out if this would be something worth considering for a career, however, the class is only available early mornings and I couldn't fit it into my schedule. I was disapointed but instead found this wonderful class that caught my eye and thought it would be fun to do for an elective, so here I am.I want to become a better writer, improve the skills that I have and learn some new ones along the way. There are no dissapointments to me in life as well as in writing, everything happens for a reason, you learn and grow from your mistakes. I don't think of myself as a great writer in any means, I enjoy doing it and will continue to do so because it makes me happy.
2.)
You return to the relief of your bedroom after a long and difficult day. There are so many thoughts whizzing around your mind, begging to be let out. Dropping your stuff at the door and retreating to the comfort of your bed you begin to unwind, easing into the quietness. You pick up your notebook, an old and fimiliar friend that is always there waiting for you. You begin to transcend the questions, thoughts, the difficulty of the day as you settle in to fill another friendly page of the sprawling paper before you. Slowly, words spring from your pen as feelings begin to come into focus and slowly evaporate onto the page. You begin to pick up speed, writing faster and faster as the thoughts pour out and your rage, hope, fear, dissapoitments, happiness; all those inadequate feelings that were escalating within in you just minutes before. And finally you break off for the moment, feeling infinetly better about yourself, now you can resurface into the world, recharged.
3.)
She smiles as she enters class, here she feels at home. There are no equations, no rules she needs to follow, she doesn't have to show her work. She can be her creative self, unaltered, impassive, and may write whatever comes to her mind. This is what feels right to her, she will soar on lyrical wings transcending the evils of mathematics, to a unworldly place where only her words and prose matter for this is where she comes from, she is a creature of creativity.

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

You give this assignment a good ride--interestingly, to me the second and third persons have more juice than the first person which is clear and factual, but I'd say your momentum builds and kicks in on the last two grafs. You agree?

Cleopatra said...

Yeah, I definately got into the assignment more at the end