Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 9 ~ Meaning beyond words

ENLIGHTENMENT

I’m in the dark I hear noises in the night

Sleep is not possible, I am restless and afraid

There is a small flicker of light off in the distance

I stumble through the nothingness, hoping to find radiance once more

Needing to end this madness

To find clarity

As I get closer there are shadows that begin to play tricks on me

I see images of my family, a happier time

I glimpse myself, much younger and more naive

Observing my own monsters and demons running beside me

The glow is burning brighter

They begin to hurry now, grabbing at me as they pass

I struggle to keep up, straining my eyes to see

No longer shadows, the fiends are chasing and racing

Can’t let them win

I think about everything that’s worth living for

I sprint past them, keeping my sights on the now, burning light in front of me

The monsters dissolve back into the darkness

Now they are the ones afraid

I am the light now, it envelops me

I find myself just on the other side

I was waiting to catch up to myself all along.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Hey cleo, sure, this is a series of flashes, each flash offering the reader a chance to connect your words to a possible reality behind them. Definitely does the job.